Friday, October 10, 2008

A Day At The Zoo


Trivia Question: How long is the largest Alligator in the world?


Last week we had the ultimate privilege of having Nathan and Carrie's cute little family come into town! Boy has Caroline and Rexy grown. On Thursday Carrie invite Rylin, Grammy, and I to join her mom, Jill and her kids, and her little family to Utah's Hogle Zoo. What a day. We got to see the elephants and rhinos first. Rylin of course couldn't stop talking to all the animals, she is such a jabber mouth these days. Rexy was content as can be smiling at everything or anybody that would look at him. But Caroline and her cousins were the most enthralled with the animals. They were making animal sounds and giggling the whole time.



Next we ventured over to the carousel. Everyone but Grammy Rigby and Rexy joined us. Rylin and I sat with Lila in the Peacock while the others jumped on lions, giraffes, and who knows what else. The kids sure loved it which meant that the adults loved it even more because we got to see the kids excitement.



After the carousel Rylin got to get a snapshot with the penguins because she loves to see them waddle and slide on their bellies. Who doesn't like penguins? They really are cool looking birds plus I watched an episode on the history channel and found out the the male penguins are the ones that keep the eggs warm until they hatch and they all gather around one another to keep themselves warm during the coldest part of winter. Now that is what I'm talking about!! Why can't human men have the chance of warming our baby eggs since we are the ones that have to go though delivery? Probably because it makes us love our kids more! he he he


I really wanted picture with the giraffes, lions, tigers, zebras and monkeys but unfortunately the kids got hungry and tired so our day at the zoo had to terminate a bit earlier than I was hoping. We did get to enjoy the ducks and playground for a while while Rylin and Rex took their little cat naps. Caroline needed to exert so serious energy.


I guess that the next time I go to the zoo will probably be in a couple years when Rylin can really understand and enjoy the animals, but it was a fun first time experience anywhoo. Thanks Carrie for putting it all together!

Trivia Answer: 19 feet 2 inches

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Yah for a blog!!! just what i wanted. now you better keep it updated! love you! Rylin is getting so big and is just so precious!

aShLie JaNe said...

Yeah! I have been waiting for you to put up some new picts. my lady. :) CUTE! I went with my mom and sistas bout 3 weeks ago. It has changed quite a bit! We need to get together soon!

Michael and Emily said...

Rylin is so dang cute! I think that she looks like Miranda though. And I'm very impressed with the Anne Geddes pictures. I'll probably be stopping by your house with my babies when they come... Tell your mom to be ready. I'm glad to see that you guys are doing well!!

Mark said...

Holy crap stranger!! It has been so long. rylin is getting so big. WE need to get together. I did not know that you were a blogger hello!