Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Remodel Gone Wild

As everyone knows we are remodeling our house and it is quite the process. In most of the rooms there was nasty wall paper that we had to tear down and now I can officially curse ANYONE who puts wallpaper up in their house. My grandparents didn't just place wallpaper on primed and painted walls, they slapped it on sheet rock, on top of other wallpaper, on painted walls, primed wall, you name it they put it on. So long story short we spent an eternity aka 2 months or more trying to get wall paper down and eventually knocking down walls and tearing up sheet rock to make things look decent. Ryan with mucho help from the whole Toone fam especially Dave and Dave and some help from the Rigby clan too are doing all the remodeling themselves. This includes relocating cabinets, wiring, destroying walls and rebuilding them, plumbing, and soon to come spackling and painting. They seem to be working 24/7 which I am SOO appreciative of because as of right now we are living with my parents (thanks forever mom and dad) while the heat is turned off. Ryan comes home most nights at around 10 or 11 covered in dust or insulation to finally get to sit down for 5 minutes and eat dinner then shower and before I can say "I love you" for the night he is out cold. It will be really nice when it is all done so I just want to say thanks for everyone who has helped make this possible!


Here is my adorable nephew Drew helping us take down the wall paper and wash the walls. He loves water and bubbles, but what kids doesn't?

This is the hall way upstairs after Ryan ripped out the carpet. DANGER ZONE!

One Saturday morning the Toone family came over to help with the house and this is what the kitchen looked like before and while I was downstairs doing who knows what, all the boys decided (without asking me) that it would be fun to tear down the wall between the kitchen and the dinning room. So to my surprise when I walked upstairs to see what the noise was all about I had no wall and loose wires everywhere. Boys will be boys.

My kitchen with no wall, loose wires and a fridge that didn't work. Don't mind my huge prego belly on the right.

Den with partial wall. As you can see we are tearing out this wall to make two rooms our master bedroom. below is another look.

2 comments:

Michael and Emily said...

Looks like so much fun! Need any cabinets??:) And I'll get right on sending you my pictures. Apologies. And thanks again for the girls night! I loved it.

Mark said...

Looks like fun I think that I've got you beat! my parents home had 9 layers of wall paper on the cealing talk about a dead arm after working on peeling that. Holler if you need help!!