Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Solid Food

Another milestone for my baby girl! Rylin ate her first solid food which was rice cereal on October 17th. My baby is growing up!!! I was expecting her to spit it out every where, but like always she surprised me and was smiling the whole time. I'm not saying that it wasn't messy at all, but I think she quite liked it.



As you can see she was very excited to try it out and even wanted to feed it to herself.


I actually found myself telling her to open up wide but she always listens to her mom which made it a bit nicer. Ryan, my mom, and my dad were standing around trying to convince her that rice cereal is yummy and to keep it in her mouth. It was a lot of fun. She didn't eat very much and whoever said that babies sleep better after they eat solids needs to speak to me. I was hoping to get a good nights rest, but she woke up 4 times that night. Hopefully that part will come later.





The next step will be to get Ryan to feed her! Then I just might have time to cook meals for ourselves and actually get to eat them while they are still warm.

6 comments:

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

yay for rylin! ellie still eats that stuff! it doesn't taste like anything but she likes it. weird

Platte and Heather said...

Jackie! I am so glad you found our blog! How are you? You look amazing and Rylin is so cute! I love the Anne Geddes shots of her! We haven't had a real photo shoot yet of Belle but I can't wait until we do. I hope all is well with you guys and am excited to see more pictures of your cute family!

Roxanne said...

oh she is so stinkin' cute!!!! i want to see you guys before i leave saturday.

aShLie JaNe said...

LOL.. OH the life of a mother!! That is so funny. She is SUCH a cutie. :) We need to get together again soon! Let me know when chica!

Lisa said...

They always seem so big when they start eating solids. So cute! Ya, we are still in Farmington, we are still in Thelma Oviatt's house right now but bought a house we are fixing up on Compton Bench. We HOPE it will be ready soon! I would love to get together sometime!

Us said...

For some reason I had no idea you had a blog up. Rylin is as cute as ever. We miss you.