Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring is in the Air!

Happy Easter everyone! Hasn't it been an awesome weekend! Ryan and I have been working our butts off up at our house doing some painting so that we can hopefully start living there again. It is fun to do the cosmetic stuff because it makes such a difference. Though I have hated picking out paint colors I think that it is looking pretty darn good. We only have one more coat of paint to go and then we can get our carpet installed and wala we are in!

Yesterday was an awesome Easter! We had to get up extra early because we went to my cousin Katie's church to see her beautiful baby Elsie blessed, it was great. Then after we went to their house for a fun spring breakfast. It was wonderful weather so we enjoyed the out doors as much as possible. Once that was over we jetted off to Ryan's parents. The whole way over we had the windows down and Lilly had her head hanging out as far as I would allow her. At that moment I thought, this is the life...Relaxing on a beautiful spring Sunday with the windows down, all the trees beginning to bloom and there is a invigorating smell that spring brings and I love it! When we arrived we had to take pictures of the kids because they all looked adorable. I went a little Easter picture happy and started walking Rylin to the neighbors houses so that I could get some of her with some flowers behind her. I mean really what is Spring without flowers. I had fun doing it, but since I didn't have my own camera I have to go and retrieve them.
Later that evening my cute nephew Owen was blessed. Dave did a very nice job and Owen slept the whole way through it. Good boy Owen! Then we had a delicious ham and cheesy potato dinner and afterward we watched my nephew Drew get high on chocolate from his Easter egg hunt. It was hilarious. My mother-in-law got each of the kids a beautiful picture of the Salt Lake Temple framed. It is AWESOME and I know just where I'm putting it. We then had to rush over to my parents for the big treasure hunt! We usually do an Easter egg hunt, but seeing that there were only 4 of us this year, my mom changed it up a bit. We went all over little Farmington finding clues, which lead to my dog Jake's grave which had rock band and golf lessons with a pro for each of us. Watch out Tiger! It was a good day. It always amazes me how beautiful a day Easter is, but I guess we can always expect that because it is the day Christ was resurrected and I'm sure he always wants that day to be spectacular. And it was!

4 comments:

Amy said...

It really was a perfect weekend wasnt it? Morgan and I enjoyed talking with you guys for a bit, lets do it again soon. Only, not at katies....

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

sounds almost like our easter...all over the place. rylin is so cute! hope that sweater worked out so i don't have to feel dumb for talking you into it! haha call me when you want to play

iMzOOL said...

rylin looks so stinkin cute. i want to see pictures of your house! miss you mucho.

Roxanne said...

2 Things: 1) Rylin is adorable 2) you are a smokin' hot mama