Thursday, August 18, 2011

Birthday Time Again!





Well summer for our family is Birthday Party Time! We started out with Kennedy in May. It was a beautiful day and I made her birthday cake and then my mom and I decided to take the girls to lunch at Paradise Cafe then look for a gift for Kennedy. It's hard to figure out what to give your kids when the first child has gotten everything for them. I got her a cute finger puppet book though. Then we got home and decorated for the big hot dog roast we planned for both Ryan and my family to come to. It was really fun. Of course Rylin, Drew, Owen, Caroline, and Rex were more excited to open Kennedy's presents than she was. She got crayons, a camp chair, clothes, and more. She was very dainty when it came to digging into her cake. She just pinched little parts of it to eat. It made clean up easy that's for sure. I made flower cup cakes for all the other kids to have and blow out a candle. They seemed to like that. It was a success in my eyes. Happy birthday little one!















Next came Rylin's birthday party in June. It was also a beautiful day which was surprising seeing that the weather this summer has been all rain. I woke up early and started on the cake. Once it was done my mom and I wanted to take Rylin and her cousins to go bowling and eat lunch. This is when everything crashed. An hour before we were supposed to leave, I got a call from both Heidi and Carrie saying that their kids weren't feeling good so they would have to pass. I broke down and cried since I had hyped Rylin up telling her how much fun she was going to have with her cousins bowling. I also never heard back from Angie so they were out too. Eventually I pulled myself together and Ryan being a sweet husband told me that if he needed to he would take a long lunch if he needed to and we could go bowling as a family. Eventually I pulled myself together and told Rylin all her cousins were sick but that Miranda, Grammy and I were going to go to take her to Boondocks and make it a very special day. We went and ate lunch there and started bowling when Carrie called and said Caroline was feeling better and they were on their way. She had a fun day bowling and playing the games up front. They each got some dinky toys with their tickets. We came home and Rylin went to target with my mom and picked out all her presents and helped her wrap them. We had the grandparents and great grandparents with a few aunts and uncles over for cake. She loved her barbies, yard tools, and princess phone that she got. Then Ryan and I had her open our gift which was a big barbie house. She was ecstatic! It was worth every penny we spent through KSL to get it. She also loved her princess cake. She helped make it and picked all the colors. It was fun. Well until next year!

No comments: