Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Info.

I apologize to everyone for not posting the site that I got the car seat cover tutorial. Now I do have to say that you do not need to buy 1 1/3 yard of fabirc like she suggests. I got mine at Brooks Fabrics and I only needed 1 1/6 yard of two fabrics and it was plenty. She never tells you how much fabric she did at the bottom for the top of the cover so I just did 7 inches so that I could sew in a 1/2 to a 1/4 inch, but do what you want. No I did not have a pattern for this I just followed the instrustions and it really was easy. My only other suggestion is to make sure that the straps are only 5 inches apart because I had to redo mine since I only followed the instructions on how far in to put them from the edge and it looked aweful. Hope it works for you! The site is http://makeitdo.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/baby-car-seat-cover-tutorial/ . If this doesn't work just go to google and type in car seat cover tutorial and it is under baby car seat cover tutorial: Make it do.

2 comments:

mare said...

Thanks Jackie ! I will now make mom make me one. Remember how you and Michelle and Carrie and me are all having babies lke 3 weeks apart? How unusual.

Zach and Erika said...

Cute cute! Good job!