Friday, March 19, 2010

I know! Can you believe it!

Let me take you back to your junior high days...Do you remember a class called TLC? Well I do, and one of the classes of TLC was none other than sewing. Well I made some pajama pants and a pillow I think and I was proud of myself, but that is where it stopped. Then I took on a huge project when I came home from Ecuador where I made a patch quilt out of my favorite old jeans for the man I was going to marry. Little did I know that I would never give it to him because he supposedly hated "homemade gifts," so I gave him a sweatshirt and we broke up. I have to say that I had a lot of help from my friends mom with that one. Then 5 years later something came over me and I decided to make my sister her baby gift so I made a hooter hider and a blanket. Yeah, talk about shooting for the stars, but I did it! I realized I wasn't too bad at this sewing stuff once you have a decent sewing machine and know how to use it (thank you to my mother-in-law for lending me her Bernina!) So then I decided that I shouldn't stop there so I made my baby a blanket

Not bad huh! I started thinking of other things I could make for the baby and found a tutorial on car seat covers so I made one of those too...



So there you have it. Now I am going to ask my good friend Angie to come a teach me how to make cute baby booties and then I will retire for a couple of months or until I can afford my own sewing machine.





9 comments:

Celeste said...

Frickedy-Frick that's cute!!! Love the fabrics. I wanna make one, did you use a pattern or just online instructions?

Roxanne said...

do all married people with kids just get a craft itch? all my friends who are married with kids are so crafty!! Of course by the looks of it, you are the best! I LOVE the colors of the blanket, love it. Maybe I should hop on the hubby, kids and craft bandwagon? Give me a few years!

mare said...

wow. i have a sewing machine, but i do not know how i might use it. jackie, good work. i wish for you to tell me how to make that cuddly canopy thing. where did you get the pattern? it's super cute fabric too. michelle will be so excited about her blanket. i am angered she is now going to live by you instead of me...

dear fate: boo.

Unknown said...

How fun! Where did you find how to make the car seat cover? I want to make one!

Michelle said...

You must be feeling GREAT to be doing all of that bending over and cutting! Don't you just love NESTING!

Kaylene said...

Jackie, I am so proud of your sewing abilities. I am also proud of the frequency of your recent blog posts!! whoopity whoop wah woo!

iMzOOL said...

um, i am pretty sure i am going to need one of those car seat covers. so consider this my order. i would also like to second kaylene's comment on how great it is to hear from you multiple times in the last few weeks on your blog. keep posting my talented sister.

Unknown said...

wow! Jackie I must say I am impressed!

tara said...

oh look, you being amazing again...